Hello? How far is the weekend now please? Oh it’s here! Can I see 5 things to do over the weekend please? Certainly!
1. I LOVE JAPAN! Therefore, I am beary excited about this thing called Japan Day happening on Sunday, April 12 at The Cloud and Shed 10. Nice little festival with fun activities from 10 am to 6pm.
2. While you are in town, check out Open Streets festival. It is an international initiative to claim the street for walking, cycling, playing and socialising. Expect musicians, street entertainers, sport activities, street games, a heritage trail, walking tours, chill out areas, cycling, scooters, competitions, children’s spaces and much more! Sounds pretty good! Open Street is on from 10am to 4pm
3. There is this interesting thing happening in Mission Bay, mysteriously called Queensland Sand Sculptures. Finished sculptured won’t be finished until April 13, which falls on a Monday. From April 13 to 16, sculptures will be lit up at night and also surrounded by music.
4. Auckland War Museum has a special school programme, which I personally don’t care much about. What is interesting is that the viewing platform on top of the building will be open during the high school program. Great views from the area not usually available for public access.
5. The last one is technically not until later next week, but also worth mentioning, Ricky Martin is coming to Auckland! One show only and I’m tempted to check it out. Backstreet boys are coming in May. Really not sure how I feel about that, but when I saw B boys live five or so years ago it was quite entertaining.
Have a good one!