Oh horror! Warm days in Auckland are numbered! Better be quick and get out and see what’s happening in the big little city. “Thanks” to a combination of the nasty flu, visitors, fatigue and happy sunny days I have been a little slack with regular updates. But I’m back and here are the top 5 of things to do this month.
1. Sometimes I wish I was a mouse..I love cheese and frankly speaking being a mouse (maybe a cartoon mouse) would be a perfect excuse to sit around and eat cheese all day. If you are like me – Cheesefest 2015 is taking place tomorrow, March 18 at Langham Hotel in Auckland. I’ve never been before but was always tempted to check it out. Thanks to Bunnyeatsdesign blog and Genie, I am a lucky winner of her competition, scoring a double pass to the event. 🙂 Tickets for everyone else are available from here.
2. Royal New Zealand Ballet starts a new production – Don Quixote from March 18 until April 1. The ballet underwent a makeover a couple of years ago, thanks to a new creative director. Highly recommended – don’t forget to wear a pretty frock! More info here.
3. If you are not a big classical music/dance fan – Limbo the circus is at its final week at Aotea square. Part of Auckland Arts Festival, it was described as sexy and breath-taking, it has been a sell out for a number of evenings. Pop up bars and live music stage on Aotea square will disappear on Sunday evening, See it before it is gone gone gone.
4. Urbis design day is happening this Saturday, March 21. What exactly is it? A public design event spread over eight locations in Auckland. At each stop there will be a different design installation created by a design collaboration between a showroom and its creative partner. Sounds good, right? Tickets can be purchased here..
5. Number five is technically not for another month. But hey, it’s a BIGGIE! TED talks is coming to Auckland! Tickets are expensive (110 a pop) but how amazing would it be to be part of it? Save the date – May 2, 2015.
2 thoughts on “What’s happening in Auckland – late March edition”
A great list! I’m going to the CheeseFest tonight and Urbis on Saturday. Busy times but someone’s gotta doing 😀
hehe nice one! Me too! And ballet on Thursday next week 🙂